Thursday, July 12, 2012

The urge to travel. Where does the motivation behind wanting to travel come from? Is it an instinctual or primitive action that has been embedded into our minds to migrate or adapt to new environments. Are some people predestined by genetics to be more eager to up and leave?

 Homebody (noun)
A person who likes to stay at home, esp. one who is perceived as unadventurous.

Why is is that some people prefer to be homebodies? They are not necessarily against traveling but seek to only stay in the environment in which they are familiar with. While others for some apparent reason feel the need and desire to travel freely.

Through this blog I will try to unravel but no limited to the physiological reasons behind the motivation of traveling in the human mind. While examine the physiological and behavioral affects traveling has on a person through their own personal journey!

3 comments:

  1. Cool topic! I'm excited to learn more about this and hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, I didn’t realize there are people that don’t like to travel, I guess because I’m working in a hotel and I talk with people from all around the world every day and enjoy how excited they are for traveling, but honestly there are some business travelers that don’t think the same. I also believe that people travels because different motivations, young people will travel because they want to explore and discover new things, new experiences and adventures while older people will travel to relax and enjoy their retired life. Whatever is the reason of traveling I think is a good way to interact with the world different cultures, cities and people in general. Here is one blog that may be interesting for you in terms of psychological aspects of traveling. http://www.vagablogging.net/the-ultimate-motivation-to-travel.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback!! I will check out that site!!

    ReplyDelete